SONGHAI: Broad and inclusive development NGO
Songhai is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). It is an association for development and innovation. With its integrated approach, it aims at radically and systemically addressing the multiple challenges (Agriculture/food security, demographic transition/youth employment, health and environment) that African countries face in their struggle to achieve sustainable economic and rural growth.
The Songhai initiative is the expression of a “social economy of regeneration” – “an economy of communion” – “an economy at the service of Man and everybody”. This initiative, while strongly reaffirming and reactivating the central position of solidarity in social constructions, goes further to guarantee the sustainability of this value.
A central principle of the Songhai initiative is that the only way to effectively combat poverty is to make the poor productive. These socio-economic initiatives will train a critical mass of young men and women capable of leadership and they will be equipped with the necessary skills to create wealth through more humans and sustainable enterprises.
The multi-partnership initiatives will include governments, international organizations, development associations, communities and individuals, Songhai is becoming a catalyst for the promotion of African men and women becoming more in control of their future.
PURPOSE OF SONGHAI
The NGO “Songhai” aims at bringing about the emergence of new socio-economic structures and developments such as the “Green Rural Communities” through the:
- development of production techniques and systems to enhance local resources
- creation and development of training, production and research centers for sustainable development;
- creation and development of business incubation centers, particularly agricultural ones in the broad sense
- development of an entrepreneurial culture and work ethic
- creation and development of service centers
- establishment and management of agricultural enterprises, the development of private, communal and government farms;
- establishment of credit systems for the creation of activities
- networking by providing services such as marketing, input supply, hosting, networking, financial loans and advisory services
- development of renewable energies platforms
- conducting all income-generating activities in accordance with legal provisions
- creation of partnerships with all similar associations and all commercial or public enterprises in application of the legal provisions
The governing bodies of the organization are:
- The General Assembly
- The Board of Directors
- The Think Tank (technical and forward-looking think tank)