The Songhai training is aimed at men and women wishing to become:
- Professionals: versatile technicians, able to master production gestures everywhere.
– 2 and half years (18 months + 12 months): open to men and women from 18 to 35 years old, with no or little agricultural background. It is free for Beninese who are subjected to a selection via testing.
– 6 to 18 months: paid training, open to applicants aged 18 years old or over and of any nationality (see fee schedule below).
2. Farm-managers: able to mobilize and manage human, financial and technological material resources to create goods and services that meet the needs and desires of the community. 6 months – open to the public. (See fees below).
3. Inventive and creative entrepreneurs with reflex and entrepreneurial culture to channel and transform the possibilities within their reach.
– Program of inspiration: two weeks
– Entrepreneurial capacity-building: 1 to 3 months- open to the public. (See fees below).
Others: Students of agricultural colleges and universities can apply for internships and writing essays.
1 to 6 months – The duration is determined according to defined objectives.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR SONGHAI TRAINING
- Openness to adhere gradually to the development vision of Songhai: personal transformation
- Ambition for his/her life and for the development of his/her community
- Openness and ability to personal change
- Demonstration of awakening, innovation and curiosity
PROFILE OF SONGHAI GRADUATE
Individuals trained at Songhai are:
- The Professionals: (versatile technicians, able to master production gestures everywhere);
- The farm managers: who can mobilize and manage physical, human, financial resources and technology to create goods and services that meet the needs and desires of the community;
- Inventive and creative entrepreneurs: with reflex and entrepreneurial culture to channel and transform the possibilities within his/her reach.
They are able to:
- Develop their setting-up plans taking into account the socio-economic context
- Create and manage their business: develop a clear vision of their future and their context
- Analyze their farm, their environment
- Disseminate their skills and knowledge from their activities
- Lead a team or a cooperative that can be applied in their community
- Train rural world around them for a socio- economic dynamism and impact their environment.